The following rules apply to all our competitions.
- Every contributor may contribute once per competition.
- Entries to competitions have to be previously unreleased. This means: If it is already officially released (Scene.org, Pouet, your website, other parties…) the entry will not be accepted.
- If a competition has less than 3 entries, we might cancel it (or we will pool it together with another suitable competition). Of course we will talk to you about it before any decisions are made so that you have the chance to hold your entry back. Please specify your choice in advance, if you are going to submit a remote entry.
- If there are too many entries in a particular category, we preserve the right to do a preselection based on the subjective impression by an ad hoc jury.
- Entries that violate Swiss law, heavy pornography, racism, etc. are not allowed and will be rejected and deleted without further notice.
- Make sure your entry does not violate any third party rights (copyrights, etc.).
- Every entry will be released at scene.org and possibily other FTP sites, unless it was preselected/disqualified, or the competition was canceled.
- Voting will be public. If we decide to hand out a jury prize again, this specific price will be given away by a jury, which will be formed at the party.
- The rules may be modified and/or extended by the demodays staff any time.
- Please keep in mind: We all want to see your releases. So if you are not sure if your production is matching those rules, please contact us in advance or directly at the party. We will find a solution for sure.
- Our videomixers/beamers are capable of a maximum resolution of 1280x720.
Q: My entry runs on uncommon hardware and needs prerecording. What can you do for me?
A: We are able to record the following output formats, so make sure your hardware can output this: Composite-, S-Video-, Component- and HDMI connectors providing SD-formats 625i/50, 625p PAL and 525i/59.94, 525p NTSC, 480p or HD-formats 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25,1080p29.97, 1080p30, 720p50, 720p59.94 and 720p60.
Q: OMG! There's no wild competition, what can I do with my wild entry?
A: So called «wild» entries used to be anything that didn't fit to any other category because it, for example, made use of «weird» hardware. With the change of our categories to be platform independant, your wild entry will for sure either fit to one of the realtime compos, to the interactive competition or to the non-realtime competition.
Q: I have no idea which competition would be appropriate for my productions. Can you help?
A: Feel free to contact us anytime with a short description of your production and we'll help you to decide which comeptition is the one that fits.